Welcome to the Studio

Welcome to BJC Mini Studio's blogsphere. Check out my new or past painting projects. Take a look at my battle reports for Warhammer 40K, Army Lists, and various Games Workshop goodness...and badness.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

PROJECT - Warmachine

Okay so it has been a while since I posted anything, but life (especially work) literally cut my hobby time down to nil.

So new Project - Warmachine,

WHAT?  DID BJ FALL OFF THE WAGON AND STOP DRINKING THE GW KOOLAID?????

No me and my Space Marines are very happy together and I love painting and playing them.  I've always loved the Privateer Press model lines and the background story for the Iron Kingdoms world is pretty cool.  My problem with them is that some of their earlier metal models were just so hard to put together and get to pin properly.

But their plastics are just awesome, the sculpts are clean and are just fun.  So I hopped on my favorite trading site (bartertown) and picked myself up some Protectorate of Menoth models and then headed over to my FLGS and added a box set to give me some stuff to play around with.

Now you all know me (well some of you do) and I have never been one of those guys who likes to follow standard color schemes.  This is probably my biggest complaint about the Warmachine universe is that the color schemes are so static that whenever someone tries to do something different it just "feels wrong."  While while I really like the holy crusader idea of the Protectorate (love Black Templars after all - hate the color scheme) I absolutes abhor painting white, and though I love painting blues and reds I don't want this force to be confused with a Khador or Cygnar (also like) force.

I'm leaning towards a Black/Blue scheme, but I'm not sure on that.  I need to think on a robe color that can go with it.

So look for some new pics and progress shots soon!

-BJ

1 comment:

  1. Joel,

    Sorry I'm just now seeing this post. Shoot me an email at bjcministudio@charter.net and we'll talk.

    BJ
    BJC MiniStudio

    ReplyDelete