Welcome to the Studio

Welcome to BJC Mini Studio's blogsphere. Check out my new or past painting projects. Take a look at my battle reports for Warhammer 40K, Army Lists, and various Games Workshop goodness...and badness.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

RC Helicopter Distraction

Okay so my son's birthday came and went (thankfully I was actually not traveling for work for a change) and he got his first RC helicopter.  Then Dad loved it and had to go out and buy one...

and paint it because I hated the paint job. So here's my Air Hogs Havoc in flight with a simple repaint.


Sooo, what happened next?  I bought a couple 3.5 channels and a 4 channel to play with and my son said "Daddy, you know what would be REALLY TOTALLY AWESOME?" and Dad says "What buddy?"

"If you painted your new helicopter as the American Flag!"

Okay, hey I'm patriotic.  I'm a veteran.  I thought...Oooooooo

Sooooooooo

Here's the King Cobra G2 3.5 channel BEFORE my brushes hit it...


And  then with a little Red, White, and Blue added to it...


Not what I could consider my best work, but I tried to squeeze this in over a weekend in between working on another project.

Flight video post paint job




So then we get the new birds in (okay maybe went a little heli happy) and he says, "Oooooo what about a dragon!?!"  He's killin me, he's really killin me.

Well I'm really busy with trying to get another project done right now, but I'll work out a design for the Syma S032 (funny its called the fire dragon) to turn it into a Red Dragon.  But I'm going to take it slow on it since I really need to get this Infinity Combined Army project finished up (pics on that later).

The other birds in the project list are a JXD 340 Drift King 4-Channel and a Double Horse 9103 Fixed Pitch 3.5-Channel.  Have no idea on what I'm going to do to them though.  Suggestions anyone?

Well more as I work on these of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment