This is all the buzz right now on many of the 40K blog sites so I thought I'd throw in my $0.02 of 40k bloggy goodness. Similar to what Fritz40k is striving for with his 750 point list challenge, Big Jim over at Galaxy in Flames and the guys who worked with him to develop "Special Operations: Killzone" are striving to bring the skirmish back into 40K and ignite what I think will be a new level of interest in the small point games.
So lets see/hear those Killzone lists!
I haven't had a chance to get in a Killzone game yet, hoping to get something in later this week or weekend, but reading through the rules it's pretty straight forward. You will need your specific army codex, and a copy of the 5th Edition 40k rules as well.
One of the things I found most interesting are the Special Wargear upgrade options for units. Things like Refractor Fields (give your Team Leader one of these bad boys for a5+ invulnerable save), Suspensors (Heavy Weapon bonus - Relentless but half the range if they move), and the Targeter (team member adds +1 to all shooting hit roles if he doesn't move) are my personal favs.
Basic principle is that you can play the scenarios as individual skirmishes or run though the campaign creating a "Tall" tale story-line. I like the concept, and it just screams FanFiction write up.
So here's the Flame Guardian's Killzone list, I will more than likely work with existing models from my Show Project for this list for the time being, but
Team Alpha - 248 Points
- Sternguard SGT - Storm Bolter, CCW, Frag & Krak Grenades, Reactor Field
- Sternguard Vet - Combi-Plasma, BP, Frag & Krak Grenades
- Tactical SGT - Power Fist, BP, Frag & Krak Grenades
- Tactical Squad - Bolter x 5, Heavy Bolter x 2
- Sternguard SGT - Bolt Pistol, Dual PW (counts as dual LC), Frag & Krak Grenades, Reactor Field
- Assault SGT - PW, BP, Frag & Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs
- Assault Marine - Flamer
- Tactical Squad - Bolter x 4, Flamer x 2